Dry brittle split ends treatment ; Best 5 Easy DIY Hair masks
Well, Our whole life has been a love/hate relationship with our hair – mostly hate because of those gruesome Dry brittle split ends & damage hair. Split ends are devastating! Especially when we want to wear certain hairstyles that depend on nice, smooth , long & healthy hair ends. So, If you figuring out what could be the solution of these problems , in this article you will get your answer.
CONTENTS IN THIS ARTICLE:
1)Causes of Dry brittle split ends
2)Best 5 DIY hair packs for Dry brittle split ends
3) Tips to prevent Dry brittle split ends.
Split Ends! Ummm the most dreaded and the worst thing that could happen to our hair. This leads our hair to become extremely brittle & weak. It is common problem these days. Split ends can really make the hair shabby. They are the indicator that your hair is damaged and is not getting enough nourishment and lack moisture. Because of the havoc to the end of the hair, they tend to occur again & again.
Let’s us see some factors responsible for Split ends :
Causes of Dry brittle split ends
- Exposure of hair to extreme weather condition.
- Excess styling with heat appliances & using hair colour products.
- Exposure to harmful UV rays.
- Irregular oiling of hair.
- Washing your hair with hot water.
- vigorous brushing of the hair especially when the hair is wet.
- Swimming in chlorinated water.
- Lack of moisture in the head.
- Use of chemical treatments
- Friction due to sleeping on cotton pillow cases.
- Bands & clips that pull & stretch the hair.
- The hormonal change; Birth control pills, pregnancy & menopause have adverse effect on the hair.
- Medical conditions like Underactive thyroid, a hereditary problem & malnutrition.
Hey , relax you are not alone. Countless people are suffering these problems especially women because , as they use chemical on daily basis to get lustrous look.
In order to get rid of dry brittle split ends, many people practised Hair cut. You rush to the salon & throw money on hair cut & excessive treatment which doesn’t sound smart solution.
But what If we say , you don’t have to chop your hair to fix split ends.
So , Ladies & gentlemen ( Boys can also use these remedies ) following are the best 5 DIY hair masks which not only help you to fix split ends,damage & frizzy hair but it also helps in keeping your hair healthy, beautiful & lustrous.
Best 5 DIY Hair masks:
▪MILK CREAM & HONEY TREATMENT
1) MILK CREAM : 1 TBSP
2) PURE HONEY : 1 TBSP
▪ MILK – CREAM :
Milk cream or “Malai” has nourishing properties that are not only good for skin but also for hair. Milk cream has milk goodness and contains essential substances like casein and several nutrients such as Vitamin A & B, phosphorus, calcium, magnesium, zinc & protein that have the ability to strengthen and nourished hair cells. It has always given promising results in preventing dry brittle Split ends.
▪ HONEY : Honey is one of the best home remedy to cure split ends. Split ends usually happen to hair that is brittle & dry. So , keeping your hair hydrated can prevent split ends & fix damage ends.
HOW TO APPLY :
▪Take 1 tbsp of milk cream + 1 tbsp of honey. Mix them well.
▪ Apply it on your split ends and keep it for 30-40 minutes , then wash it off.
▪ MAYONESSE & PAPAYA TREATMENT :
1) MAYONESSE : 5 TBSP
2) PAPAYA : 2 SLICES
▪ MAYONNAISE :Mayonnaise makes for great addition to any sandwiches & yes! the secret to glossy , shiny & healthy hair. Yepp ! No kidding , mayonnaise hair pack is our latest obsession. It works as an excellent remedy for damaged hair, nourishes your hair prevents split ends, calms frizzy hair & removes hair lice. It contains egg yolks, vinegar & oils that work together to nourish & moisture your hair. Presence of L- cysteine amino acids helps it to nourish your scalp to promote healthy hair growth.
▪ PAPAYA : Many cosmetic products like shampoos , contains papaya extract in it because it nourishes hair shaft and add volume to your tresses and is rich is vitamin A, promotes the production of sebum ( natural oil ) which keeps your hair conditioned. Dry , under nourished hair is prone to split ends. By applying papaya, you can get rid of split ends.
HOW TO APPLY:
1) Take 5 tbsp of mayonnaise & 2 slices of papaya. Mix them well & make fine paste with no lumps.
2) Apply it from roots to the tip of the hair. Apply for half & hour and wash it out.
▪ YOGURT & BANANA TREATMENT
1) BANANA : HALF PIECE
2) YOGURT : 2 TBSP
▪ BANANA : Banana is rich in potassium, natural oils, carbohydrates & vitamins ( A,B,C,E) which helps in softening the hair and protect the hairs natural elasticity preventing split ends & breakage.
▪ YOGURT : Rich in B5 and D. This vitamins nourishes the hair follicles. The lactic acid in yogurt hydrates the hair.
HOW TO APPLY :
1) Take half banana & smash it well, then add 2 tbsp of yogurt. Mix it well.
2) Apply it on your split ends or you can apply over your whole hair from root to end. Keep it for 40-60 minutes & then wash it off.
▪ COCONUT MILK, VITAMIN E & CASTOR OIL TREATMENT
1) COCONUT MILK : 1/2 CUP
2) VITAMIN E : 2 CAPSULES
3) CASTOR OIL : 2 TBSP
▪ COCONUT MILK : Coconut milk is rich in vitamin C, E & B as well as calcium , iron & magnesium. All these vitamins helps to hair follicles and stimulate hair growth.
▪ VITAMIN E : Vitamin E has antioxidant properties that help repair damaged hair follicles. It also deeply conditions the hair from root to shaft to make it healthier & shinier.
▪ CASTOR OIL : Castor oil provides the nutrients necessary to improve dry & damaged hair with split ends. It contains Ricinoleic acid & Omega 6 essential fatty acids which accelerates blood circulation to the scalp , hence increase hair growth & prevents Dry brittle split ends.
HOW TO APPLY :
1) Take 1/2 cup of coconut milk , 2 capsules of vitamin E and 2 tbsp of castor oil. Mix it well.
2) keep it overnight or for 1 hr & then wash it well with herbal shampoo.
▪ GHEE & OlIVE OIL TREATMENT:
1) GHEE : 1 TBSP
2) OLIVE OIL : 1/2 TBSP
▪ GHEE : It acts as natural conditioner as it is great source of antioxidant & omega 3 fatty acids, it works for dry & frizzy hair.
▪ OLIVE OIL : It can help smooth the broken or buried ends of your hair. It is an all natural solution , as it’s fatty acids including oleic & linoleic acids are especially nutritious for hair & scalp .
HOW TO APPLY :
1) Take 1 tbsp of ghee & 1/2 of olive oil. Mix them well. Apply it on your whole hair from root to tip. Keep it for 15 -20 minutes & then wash it.
You can use any of the above remedies to get completely rid of Dry brittle split ends. They are the best remedies for split ends & to keep healthy hair.
Tips to prevent Dry brittle split ends
- Do not comb wet hair.
- Always start combing from the ends and gently work your way up
- Dry hair gently
- Use a wide tooth comb
- Reduce the use of heat appliances.
- Let hair dry naturally
- Protect your hair with scarf or cap during sun exposure .
- Do not wash your hair everyday
- Always use herbal shampoos
- Skip hot water.
Related Articles : Coconut – cornflour Hair straightner Mask -Get silky,soft & Shiny hair